quality@glassfish.java.net

Test results so far

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:04:30 +0100

Hi all,

My preparations for the JEE5 to JEE6 migration demo are almost done. So
far I have tested

- Replacing TopLink Essentials with EclipseLink
- Introducing Facelets and getting rid of JSP
- Migrating to a WAR instead of an EAR
- Using annotations in JSF 2.0
- Using implicit navigation in JSF 2.0
- Getting rid of Local session facades
- Using Bean Validation
- Using JPA 2.0 Criteria API

Apart from the FacesConverter problems I mentioned a few days ago,
everything is working just fine! Great, great work and big compliments
to all developers involved.

By the way, I created a simple application and in this application the
FacesConverter works just fine. I really haven't got a clue what's wrong
with my app but I hope to sort that out with the help of Ryan Lubke.

One thing has gone seriously wrong: using the Metamodel API. First of
all NetBeans doesn't support generating Metamodel classes out of Entity
classes (yet?). Second (and probably the reason why NetBeans doesn't
support this yet) the @TypeSafeMetamodel or any other Metamodel
annotations stll are lacking from EclipseLink.

However, I have enough material to demo so I am a happy guy :-)

Thanks!

Wouter

PS Alexis: get prepared for a blog on this soon :-)

--
Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began