quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: java ee dependency management (Re: admin_gui not starting anymore when xercesImpl.jar present in domain1/lib/?)

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:53:01 +0200

Hi Gail;

sorry, almost overlooked your mail browsing my FishCAT inbox. :)

Gail Risdal schrieb:
> Regarding your doc comment in this thread ... I asked around and didn't
> uncover the information you mentioned. Maybe you can help with this FAQ
> ...? =) It's a good suggestion.

Well, sure, why not. :) The only problem, however, is that in my case it's a
question I do have, but I don't have an answer to that. The question would
be something, like: "What kind of libraries / jars go to the various
folders in <domain_home>/lib/"? Maybe some people out there know better than
me (as I am actually doing trial-and-error about that at the moment -
figuring out that, in example, copying a JDBC driver jar to
<domain_home>/lib/databases/ left it obviously "invisible" to the app
server: Creating a data source using using a class in a jar deployed to
<domain_home>/lib/databases/ ended in a ClassNotFoundException; copying the
same jar to <domain_home>/lib/ext/ (like I would have done in gfv2) worked.
Peculiar, or did I just miss the point? ;)

Cheers & all the best,
Kristian

--
Dipl.-Ing.(BA) Kristian Rink * Software- und Systemingenieur
planConnect GmbH * Könneritzstr. 33 * 01067 Dresden