quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Query for cmpe-287 project in module 1-Update Configuration screen

From: Nolan Luu <Nolan.Luu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:41:55 -0700

Hi Sharvil,

The Update Tool's proxy host (hostname/ip address) and the proxy port
(port number) are for the proxy server (if there exists one) that sits
between your system and the internet. The issue below is a known issue;
however, no bug was filed for error checking area (i.e. legitimate port
values, password needs to be at least 8 characters ...etc.), since error
checking was not committed by developers for the GF v3 Prelude (preview
of the technology) builds. Error checking will be implemented for the
final GF v3 release. Anyway, please do file the issue to help us to
keep track of it.

Thanks,

-Nolan