quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: New version of Eclipse plugin for glassfish published (v1.0.12)

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:35:32 -0700

dinghy wrote:
> For the BIRT is strongly OSGI ed to Eclipse with a set of eclipse
> plugin development.
>
> When you use eclipse for BIRT Web designing,these plugin jars are
> shared with eclipse for UI desin;
> When you only deploy as a BIRT Web App,they provide the necessary
> classes for the BIRT displaying.
>
> Based above,BIRT Framework is on RichClient Developing,and
> for Web Deploy,it seems a RichServer binding with AppServer.
>
> these logs have no place but to act with eclipse-plugin servers with
> AppServer[e.g.glassfish].
> That's what I think for the logs storing.
>
> I don't think these frameworks like BIRT will change until
> Web-Module-Direction Development seperates to be alone.
> Then the purification will be there.
>
> thanks for your reply:)

But here is a generic case that cannot be fixed by either GlassFish or
the Eclipse plugin:

1/ create a web app that when executed (jsp or servlet) opens a file
stream and writes to it
2/ undeploy this web app: if the web app does not implement a listener
to close the stream, the stream is open for ever
3/ you cannot delete this file until you close the java process owning
the stream (on Windows only, not linux or unix)

Ludo