quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to set GlassFish v3 (Java EE 6) in NetBeans 6 Dev

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 07:49:30 -0700

Miroslav Nachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using NetBeans GUI it is not possible to setup Java EE 6 and GlassFish
> v3 as server:
> [Server and Settings][Java EE Version: Java EE 5]
> The maximum possible version is Java EE 5 and GlassFish v3.
Which is correct for "GlassFish v3 prelude" which is at this ee5 level
for web apps.
EE 6 is not ready and obviously, NetBeans 6.5 is not exposing this level
yet.

> When I add "GlassFish v3 Prelude" through "Add.Choose Server" this was
> just temporary for the current new project settings with requirements
> to add new domain.
> Is there any official way to set Java EE 6 and/or GlassFish v3 as Server?
no.
You can still download from the prelude update center some preview of
the ejb3.1 container, where you can create JPA, statelesss beans inside
a web app (EE 6 style). Nb will not offer wizards for that, but just
create a pojo class, and then annotate it...
This is still a preview mode for this capability.

"GlassFish v3" (note the lack of "prelude" there) will be EE 6
compliant, and NetBeans.Next (7.0?) will support it.

Ludo