quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: b26, unix .sh installer: mktemp error?

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:12:40 +0200

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 11:38:11AM +0200, Kristian Rink wrote:
> being into playing with gfv3 on various machines these days, this is what I
> stumbled across on one of our Ubuntu 6.06.1 hosts:
>
> remote_at_pvtest2:/tmp> sh ./glassfish-v3-prelude-b26-unix.sh
>
> mktemp: cannot make temp dir /tmp/install.XXXX: Invalid argument
> Unable to create temporary directory, exiting...
>
> Anyone seen this so far? In fact, trying the "mktemp" command call as found
> in the .sh script generates the same effect whereas "simply" calling mktemp
> works fine on the machine...

On Debian Lenny I tried

$ mktemp -d -t install.XXXX
/tmp/install.hMxN

and the output of ls on /tmp is

$ ls -l /tmp/

drwx------ 2 wouter wouter 4096 2008-10-02 12:11 install.hMxN/

so it looks like the command completed succesfully.

Greets, Wouter
--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"