quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: b26, unix .sh installer: mktemp error?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:07:24 +0200

Wouter van Reeven schrieb:
>> remote_at_pvtest2:/tmp> sh ./glassfish-v3-prelude-b26-unix.sh
>>
>> mktemp: cannot make temp dir /tmp/install.XXXX: Invalid argument
>> Unable to create temporary directory, exiting...
>

> $ mktemp -d -t install.XXXX
> /tmp/install.hMxN
[...]
> drwx------ 2 wouter wouter 4096 2008-10-02 12:11 install.hMxN/

Hmmm, strange: On Ubuntu 6.06.1 it doesn't work:

[bflow_at_pvdocsrv 13:03:57] ~> mktemp -d -t install.XXXX
mktemp: cannot make temp dir /tmp/install.XXXX: Invalid argument
[bflow_at_pvdocsrv 13:04:05] ~> mktemp -V
mktemp version debianutils-2.15.2

On 8.04.1 it does work as supposed:

kr_at_n428:~$ mktemp -d -t install.XXXX
/tmp/install.9255
kr_at_n428:~$ mktemp -V
mktemp version 1.5

Seems an issue with the mktemp version in dapper; at the very least in hardy
the debianutils mktemp seems to have been replaced by a "mktemp" package
providing a different version. Not really a Glassfish related issue I guess,
but still rendering the installer unusable on an Ubuntu distribution still
in long-term support. Should something be done about this?

Cheers & thanks all,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink