quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: b26, unix .sh installer: mktemp error?

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:01 +0200

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 01:07:24PM +0200, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Seems an issue with the mktemp version in dapper; at the very least in hardy
> the debianutils mktemp seems to have been replaced by a "mktemp" package
> providing a different version. Not really a Glassfish related issue I guess,
> but still rendering the installer unusable on an Ubuntu distribution still
> in long-term support. Should something be done about this?

One possible solution would be to make sure commands are used that are the same
on ALL platforms. One implementation could be to use Java to do all install
related commands. However, people use KDE, Gnome, Windows, etc so to what level
should the installer be generalized?

Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"