quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Presentation proposal for DeVoxx

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:22:50 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:15:19PM +0200, Wolfram Rittmeyer wrote:
> nice to see that GF is presented at Devoxx ;-) For which kind of
> presentation did you submit your proposal (university, BOF, conference
> or Quickie)?

Ia ma aiming for Conference, but the slots are almost full. I don't think I
stand much of a chance but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. If my proposal is
refused I'll aim for Quickie.

> I consider the administrative tools (web based as well as asadmin and
> GlassFish's ant-tasks) to be one of the plus sides of GlassFish. Thus I
> think you should devote a few demonstrations for these. Of course any
> live-demo eventually will cover some kind of adminstration (probably the
> webbased admin console) - but asadmin and asant are also worth showing
> in one of your demos.

I very much agree with you. And I'll be sure to show the admin console and
updatetool if my presentation gets selected. However, I feel that focusing on
JEE6 will give me a better chance at getting selected.

> Apart from this I think your outline looks promising.

Thanks :-) I hope you agree with my explanation above.

> I'm going to be at the conference, thus I'm looking forward to hearing
> your talk.

Well, I have been thinking. Perhaps Sun Microsystems Belgium can be persuaded to
host a GlassFish event or FishCAT event. I would love to meet some of the people
from this list.

Judy: do you think this would be possible?

Greets, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"