quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: An error has occured.

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:23:29 -0700
Hi Jack,
Thanks for testing the update center plugin in Admin Console.
First,  I would like to know if  your machine connects to the internet directly or through a proxy server ?

This is what i would like to see:
-  in your installation, bring up updatetool by
     %glassfishv3-prelude/bin/updatetool
Go to the Add-On page to observe the packages that can be added on, and their version.

- now, using admin console, go to the updateCenter -> Add-On tab.
      Do you see the same list of packages and the same version as shown in updatetool ?
      If not,  can you report the difference ?   The list should be the same if promoted build is packaged correctly.   Please report the difference.
      If the list is the same,  can you install  jruby and grails through admin console ?   If this success, then great, no issue :)   If the installation failed,   can you try to install that using  updatetool  and see  if it succeed.

Thanks and really appreciate your help.
Anissa.

jack_spallaw wrote:
Thanks Judy,

I heard there is some issue with update tool in Admin GUI. Developer is
looking into it.

Aye aye.
When I posted it's issue, I selected the category "update-center".
Because, I could not call into account in which ?, update-tool or
update-center.
So I posted issue #6109 as my quetion.

Would you like to try update tool, you can download jruby and grails from

there to do the testing.
Well, I will try it without the least delay.

Thanks a lot!
Jack

Hi Jack,