quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Error while deploying WAR using admin console

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:56:58 -0500

Hi, Jose.

I don't know much at all about Dojo, but from their download web page
<http://dojotoolkit.org/downloads> I found this:

   1. Extract files from archive locally or on web server
   2. Browse to dojo/tests/runTests.html or
dijit/themes/themeTester.html to see Dojo in action
   3. Include <script type="text/javascript" src="dojo/dojo.js"> in your
own page and you're on your way

Item 3 suggests to me that Dojo itself is not a web app but is a set of
functionality ready to be included in and used from a web app.

Have you seen information somewhere else that says something else?

By the way, the GlassFish web container currently recognizes an app as a
web app if:

1. it contains a WEB-INF/web.xml file, a WEB-INF/classes directory, or a
WEB-INF/lib directory; OR
2. it contains a .jsp file anywhere

Other than that the web container does not recognize the app as a web app.

Thanks.

- Tim