quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installation idea

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:05:43 +0200

Adam Bien schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> Glassfish v3 could improve the installation experience as well adding
> WebStart support with the possibility of preselecting "interesting"
> modules. There is already a great example available:
> https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool
>
> This would differentiate glassfish from others and make the installation
> process more convenient,

And it would provide a "homogenous" environment also compared to OpenDS (and
maybe other infrastructure applications - OpenESB, ...) one day?

And still, I would like this as an addition, but I wouldn't want to miss the
ability to, like now done with NetBeans or Glassfishv2, have an
"all-included" .zip file to be pulled off some server, unzipped, maybe even
set up using ant and then started, knowing that I actually, at the very
least, do have everything I need in this regard to get work done. Maybe this
is a requirement of mine rather "special", but given I more than once have
to deal with this kind of software in environments in which internet
connectivity ain't permanently available, having an "all-inclusive" bundle
of which to easily kick out un-needed stuff eventually seems more appealing
than having applications requiring connectivity to get started... :)

Just my ¤0.02 on that, of course... :)
Cheers,
Kristian

--