quality@glassfish.java.net

Testing on the nightly build 8/26

From: Jim Jiang <jj156416_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:02:04 +0800
Hi Kedar, Anissa,

Thanks for your reply.
Basically,  the admin console run well in the nightly build 8/26, even it was started from NB, I type the url: http://localhost:4848/

For the online help,  I filed a bug 5660: Pages with incorrect online help

Regards,
Jim

Anissa Lam wrote:

If the latest GlassFish v3 which is integrated to NetBeans is  v3 MS1 (milestone 1 build),  then  Admin Console will not be able to run.   It is a known issue that the console cannot be accessed in the M1 build whether it is through NB or  typing the URL to the browser.

thanks.
Anissa.

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
I guess Peter (copied) is in the process of changing it.

You should use older NB plugin with older v3 builds, where
admin functionality is available at host:8080/admin.

Thanks,
Kedar

Jim Jiang wrote:
Hi Anissa,

I did a quick check on the 8/26 nightly build.
The link for admin console from the NetBeans is not changed, it is still linked to http://localhost:8080/admin.
Not sure if the integration with NetBeans is the supported feature in this release.

My steps:
1. add the GlassFish v3 instance in the NetBeans 6.1 server tab.
2. start the GlassFish v3, select the v3 instance , right click and choose the 'View admin console', the url which it forwarded is http://localhost:8080/admin.

Regards,
Jim

Anissa Lam wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have tested the 8/26 nnightly build,   http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/nightly/glassfish-snapshot-v3-prelude-08_26_2008.zip  on both Mac and WinXP and it is working fine in bringing up the console.

Remember that the admin port has changed to 4848 and no context root is needed,  so  the URL to access console  is now
  http://localhost:4848/

OnLine Help comes up.  Although there is a bug in the CommonTask page where it can't find the context-sensitive help page and so it shows a 404,  but allows you to navigate to any other help topic.   Most other page has the context sensitive help page correctly.   If you see otherwise, please file a bug.

Thanks for you help in ensuring a quality product.
Anissa.