quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv3 and NetBeans

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:13:19 +0200

Hi David and Peter,

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 04:36:13PM -0700, Peter Williams wrote:
> Also, Wouter, when you answer Davis' question, could you also add what
> exact folder you are specifying for the server in the Add Server Wizard
> in NetBeans (assuming you are in fact registering a new server instance)?
>
> I have B20 working fine on Solaris and Windows. It's unclear what you
> mean by "doesn't recognize...". Perhaps the wizard does not issue clear
> enough warnings or perhaps there is a bug.

I am using NetBeans 6.1 with the GFv3 plaugin. Not NetBeans 6.5.

With recognise I mean that the directory holding the svn version gets a
different icon than any other directory, including the directory holding the
promoted build version.

I have added a screenshot to clarify this. In the screenshot you see a directory
tree. Under the gfv3 directory there is a glassfish-v3tp2 dir with a normal icon
and a v3 dir with a special icon. The first one is the dir created by the
promoted build, the second one the one I did a svn checkout in. Also, under the
glassfish-v3tp2 dir there is a glassfish dir holding the actual GlassFish files
and this dir also has a normal icon.

Apart from the different icon, everything works just fine for either version.

Greets, Wouter

--
People: "If she weighs the same as a Duck, she's made of wood!"
Sir Bedevere: "And therefore...?"

choose_gfv3_home_location.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: choose_gfv3_home_location.jpg)