persistence@glassfish.java.net

Implementation Strategy

From: Stephen Carpenter <stephen-hic_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:27:35 +0000

Hi,

Will the Glassfish/Persistance API combination support the use of database
generated primary keys.
I am exploring what combination to use in the future and have been looking
at Sun App Server/Derby/Persistance API, via NetBeans 5.5. But App Server
does not support database generated primary keys. (Or am I missing something
here?).

I have a number of legacy databases to bring into the new apps (probably
Derby) and I am looking for the best combination to go forward, would
Hibernate solve the problem or do I have to go to JBoss etc or does
Glassfish resolve it ?

Your ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen Carpenter
Jupiter Systems