embedded@glassfish.java.net

Re: [embedded] nojdk error when trying to use JSR199

From: Rajiv Mordani <rajiv.mordani_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:38:12 -0800

Joey Jarosz wrote:

Hi Rajiv,

I guess I shouldn’t believe everything I read on the internet J  Instead of actually reading the JSR199 specification I trusted that posts that I read reading it were accurate in stating that it could be used to replace the need for calling javac (which implies jdk).

What JSR 199 replaces is calls to com.sun.javac.Main (or something to that effect). JSR 199 is a standard API that allows you to invoke the compiler and is in JDK 6. We are trying to bundle an implementation of the compiler with GlassFish so that you don't need the JDK. However that is not done yet, and it has a dependency on the JDK team for providing the compiler.

- Rajiv

Thanks for the quick clarification. I wish I had more cycles to spend on this stuff so I would not have to ask so many silly questions.

I guess I need to look for another way to keep the lawyers happy….

joey