embedded@glassfish.java.net

Re: Feedback Wanted: Embedded APIs for GFv3 Prelude

From: Nazrul Islam <Nazrul.Islam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:04:14 -0800

Jerome Dochez wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2009, at 11:41 AM, Nazrul Islam wrote:
>> Do you have a proposal for EmbeddedInfo? We can adjust it.
>
> I would need to spend time with the web embedded API which I know we
> are not putting in the embedded branch but obviously I would like
> something that would accomodate nicely once we integrate the web tier
> embedded API.

Okay.

We could update the info object such that no listeners are created by
default to address EJB unit test use case. When user sets the ports, the
corresponding listeners are created. Let me know if that sounds okay to
you.

>> Please note that for Prelude, we are not supporting the implanted use
>> case yet. When we support "implanted" we can certainly use
>> glassfish.jar.
> I understand but we also know we want that support so we need to think
> about an API that will support both use cases.
Okay. Any ideas how you want to support that? Are you suggesting to
split the "all" jar to two?

--
Nazrul Islam  -  (408) 276-6468  - Sun Microsystems, Inc.