docs@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please schedule your task brainstorming meetings

From: Paul Davies <Paul-Martin.Davies_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:48:57 -0700

Hi June,
> I reread the Grizzly spec and am quite sure a TA meeting is not needed.
I am not sure that I agree. When I read the spec, I saw at least 3
possible tasks mentioned in Section 2.1: configure the transport,
protocol and listeners. If you have not already checked with the primary
SME, please find out whether a user must perform any tasks to configure
Grizzly.
> The main thing happening is that most of the Grizzly configuration is
> moving out of the web container and, behind the scenes, from one
> domain.xml element tree to another. The user will probably have
> different GUI screens and CLI commands to use, but the tasks they will
> be accomplishing will be essentially the same.
Even if the tasks are the same as in earlier versions, I would like to
see these tasks captured in the form of a user task analysis, especially
as it appears that the tasks will have to be rewritten to reflect the
current way to perform them.
> So I took the liberty of removing the Grizzly entries from the TA
> table. I hope you don't mind.
Please reinstate the Grizzly config item. If it turns out that no user
tasks are required to configure Grizzly, add a statement to that effect
to this entry in the table (as I did for HK2).

> I also removed the HK2 entry, just to keep the table as compact as
> possible.

Please reinstate this item. I left it in the table so that people would
not wonder whether we had forgotten about hk2. You can add it to the
bottom of the table.

> Finally, I updated the list of attendees for the Groovy/Grails meeting.

Excellent.

Thanks.

--
Paul Davies, Senior Technical Writer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/techscribe/