docs@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please schedule your task brainstorming meetings

From: <June.Parks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:50:35 -0700

There are some new features, but the Grizzly changes are far more a move
and rearrangement of existing features. *How* a user accomplishes a
task, such as creating an HTTP listener, will change, but the task
itself, *what* is accomplished and why, will be the same or similar.

To make the smallest functional app server possible, the network and web
features, which used to both be in the web container, are being
separated. The network features are being moved out of the web
container into the "nucleus" to make an app server without a web
container possible. Some redesign opportunities are being taken in this
process, but the functionality is basically the same. In the GUI and
CLI, you will see options moving from one page or command to another,
plus a few new ones.

At least, this is my understanding of the spec.

June