dev@glassfish.java.net

FindBugs errors

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:15:37 -0700

I see that 17 FindBugs errors have crept back into the code, so it's time
for a reminder...

Please, everyone, go check out the current FindBugs report and fix any
errors in your code. Some of you can expect personalized reminders soon. :-)

The older report is at:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/quality/v3/fb-developer-report.html
It misses some of the errors.

The newer report, which you can also run yourself, is available internally at:
http://gf-hudson.sfbay/hudson/job/gf-trunk-findbugs/
and externally at:
http://hudson.glassfish.org/job/gf-trunk-findbugs/

The instructions for running FindBugs yourself are in my original message
on this subject, attached.

I understand that what we really need is notification when you commit a
change that has a FindBugs error. The old report above is produced by a
script that's supposed to do such notification, but it seems to have been
broken, perhaps by the recent Oracle network changes. Also, because of
the different way that it runs FindBugs, it doesn't find all the errors
that the Hudson job does. I intend to connect notification with the
Hudson job, but due to a bug in the maven FindBugs plugin that requires
a fix in FindBugs itself, I haven't been able to do so.

attached mail follows: