dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why can't I incrementally re-build glassfish.zip?

From: Jane Young <jane.young_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 06:11:08 -0700

Ken Cavanaugh wrote:
> Typical scenario:
>
> * I make a change in one glassfish module (say glassfish-naming)
> with mvn install
> * I need a new glassfish.zip, so I try mvn install in
> distributions/glassfish.
> * Usually I get an old version of glassfish-naming.jar, not the
> one I just built

The distributions/glassfish module takes the packager artifacts and
assembles the distributions. In other words, if you want the new
version of glassfish-naming.jar in packager, you'll need to also run
"mvn install" in packager module.

One option is creating a hard link for glassfish-naming.jar from the
installed glassfish/modules directory to
common/glassfish-naming/target. If there are any changes in
commons/glassfish-naming, you can run "mvn install" for that module and
the installed glassfish/modules directory should have the latest
reference of glassfish-naming.jar. Same goes for other glassfish
modules. I think Justin/Yamini have a script that will create the hard
links for the jar files in glassfish/modules to v3's target directories.
See: http://tinyurl.com/266a69v

HTH,
Jane