dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: POM Change Review

From: Jane Young <jane.young_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:36:08 -0700

Jason Lee wrote:
> On 7/13/10 6:48 AM, Jane Young wrote:
>> Comments:
>> 1. The dependencies are only used for testing? If true, then
>> change the scope to test instead of provided: <scope>test</scope>.
> No. jersey-json is for support that may be exposed to clients.
okay
>> 2. Please remove " <version>${jersey.version}</version> " in
>> admin/rest/pom.xml since it's defined in parent-pom?
> Fixed. I added that before I thought to update dependencyManagment.
>> 3. Please add a comment in the parent-pom about removing this
>> dependency if Jersey bundles Jettison.
> I'm not sure I understand this request. Could you explain the intent
> of the comment?
The jersey-json dependency is not bundled in glassfish distro since the
scope is provided. But you mentioned that if Jersey were to upgrade its
version, it's possible a different version is deployed as part of the
distribution. Maybe I'm confused... I see that packager/jersey/pom.xml
has a dependency on jersey-gfv3-core. Looks like we are downloading a
jersey core bundle that is made for glassfish v3 and the bundle includes
jersey-json. In this case the dependency you added will not be
included in the glassfish distro.

The intent of the comment is to clarify the possibility of including
different versions of jersey. But in this case, it's not possible since
the scope is provided.