dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: POM Change Review

From: Jason Lee <jason.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:44:48 -0500

  On 7/13/10 1:36 PM, Jane Young wrote:
> The jersey-json dependency is not bundled in glassfish distro since
> the scope is provided. But you mentioned that if Jersey were to
> upgrade its version, it's possible a different version is deployed as
> part of the distribution. Maybe I'm confused... I see that
> packager/jersey/pom.xml has a dependency on jersey-gfv3-core. Looks
> like we are downloading a jersey core bundle that is made for
> glassfish v3 and the bundle includes jersey-json. In this case the
> dependency you added will not be included in the glassfish distro.
The jersey-json artifact is already included in the build, for what it's
worth. Should I change provided to compile?
> The intent of the comment is to clarify the possibility of including
> different versions of jersey. But in this case, it's not possible
> since the scope is provided.
The jersey version is controlled in the parent pom via the property
jersey.version, so if someone updates that, then the REST dependency is
updated automatically.

--
Jason Lee
Senior Member of Technical Staff