dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: POM Change Review

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <snjezana.sevozenzerovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:52:11 -0700

Jason Lee wrote:
> On 7/13/10 1:36 PM, Jane Young wrote:
>> The jersey-json dependency is not bundled in glassfish distro since
>> the scope is provided. But you mentioned that if Jersey were to
>> upgrade its version, it's possible a different version is deployed
>> as part of the distribution. Maybe I'm confused... I see that
>> packager/jersey/pom.xml has a dependency on jersey-gfv3-core. Looks
>> like we are downloading a jersey core bundle that is made for
>> glassfish v3 and the bundle includes jersey-json. In this case the
>> dependency you added will not be included in the glassfish distro.
> The jersey-json artifact is already included in the build, for what
> it's worth. Should I change provided to compile?
But that currently included jersey-json *is* provided by jersey package,
i.e. it comes from jersey-gfv3-core, right? So, you truly need to leave
this dependency as "provided" otherwise we'll end up with two copies for
jersey-json - one in glassfish-gui package since it will be pulled in as
transitive dependency, another one will come from jersey.

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic