dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: copyright date

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:13:00 -0700

Jane Young wrote:
> Jason Lee wrote:
>> On 3/24/10 3:28 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
>>> I'm all for using pre-commit hooks for a wide variety of things,
>>> but as you say it depends on what control we have over the backend.
>>> I don't know what we have now with Collab, but it's likely to change
>>> with Kenai.
>> If we could move to git or hg (long-term, at best, I know :| ), it
>> would be really easy:
>>
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/githooks.html
>> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Hook
>>
>> Of course, the hook itself is just as easy with subversion, but we
>> have to have access to the remote server for that. :|
>>
> I'm not sure if Collabnet supports git/hg. Currently we don't have
> access to the SVN server hosted by Collabnet.

I don't think Callabnet will ever support hg, but it probably doesn't
matter, because the current
plan is to re-host all of java.net on the Kenai infrastructure, which
DOES support hg (and cvs, svn,
and I think git now as well). The first step will be to get java.net
and all of its projects moved
to the Kenai infrastructure. A possible future switch of GlassFish to
hg is much further out,
and needs to be handled separately.

Ken.