dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: schema documentation command integration

From: Timothy Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:28:50 -0500

On Mar 17, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Ed Burns wrote:

> TQ> So is this really a "describe-config" or "describe-metadata" or
> TQ> "describe-config-metadata" command? Again, I'm not sure any of
> those
> TQ> is the right alternative command name, but I think you see what
> I'm
> TQ> getting at.
>
> I think the name should start with "generate-"
...which I think would yield a longer command, because what's being
generated is a report or a listing or a file or a page...something.
So the command would need to be generate-config-description or
generate-config-report or something like that.

On the other hand, "describe-xxx" (or some equivalent) would be
shorter but no less descriptive.

Just my US$0.02 worth.

- Tim