dev@glassfish.java.net

[Fatal Error] jbi-registry.xml:1:1: Premature end of file

From: Andy Knight <Andy.Knight_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:43:24 +0000

My GlassFish v2.1 server was running perfectly 2 days ago. It was shut down normally.

I have just tried starting it today and the error that is the subject of this email is produced. Over and over and over again. [ Does GlassFish think that the file will fix itself? If it's broken, then it's broken. So stop! ]

However, I can't figure out why this file is (allegedly) causing a problem. I've certainly not edited it. I've also checked that it is well-formed (and it is). According to XMLSpy it's not strictly valid but I doubt if that's the problem.

What could I possibly have done to cause this? More importantly, what do I do to fix it?

         Andy Knight
Principal Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Java House, Guillemont Park, Minley Road,
Camberley, Surrey GU17 9QG United Kingdom
Home office: +44 1494 462438
Mobile: +44 7775 583415
Skype: aprknight
Email: Andy.Knight_at_Sun.COM