dev@glassfish.java.net

100719: b72 QL still fails after updatecenter addons (was: Re: svn version corresponding to b72 from RE?)

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 07:21:47 -0800

SS> https://glassfish-svn.dev.java.net/svn/glassfish-svn/tags/3.0-b72/tests/quicklook/

Thank you Sherry, I now have the correct versions of the tests.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to close 100719 because the QL is still
failing after running ./updatetool and installing all add-ons.

Nolan, or perhaps Mitesh, can you help? Is there something I should do
between QL runs to clear things out?

Here's what I do.

1. Install b72 of the EE 6 SDK onto Solaris 10 X86
   [1]. java_ee_sdk-6-b28-unix.sh

2. checkout QL from the URL Sherry provided.

3. Modify the necessary files in QL to point to the build from step 1.

4. Run QL like this:

mvn -Dglassfish.home=/jsfci1/edburns/workareas/glassfishv3-target/glassfish -P test_gd_security test | tee run.log

5. Observe that QL completes with 0 failures.

6. Run ./updatetool and install all add-ons.

7. Re-run QL exactly as in step 4.

6. Observe that QL fails with many failures. Here are some of the
   failures:

   [testng] FAILED: createJDBCPool
   [testng] java.lang.AssertionError: Create jdbc connection pool failed ... expected:<true> but was:<false>
   [testng] at test.admincli.ExistStatusTests.createJDBCPool(ExistStatusTests.java:56)
   [testng] ... Removed 26 stack frames
   [testng] SKIPPED: pingJDBCPool
   [testng] SKIPPED: deleteJDBCPool

   [testng] ===============================================
   [testng] admincli_tests
   [testng] Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Skips: 2
   [testng] ===============================================

[...]

   [testng] Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://localhost:8080/jsfastrologer/index.jsp
   [testng] at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1311)
   [testng] at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:373)
   [testng] at test.jsf.astrologer.JSFWebTestNG.jsfIndexPageBasicTest(JSFWebTestNG.java:139)
   [testng] ... 22 more
   [testng] ... Removed 26 stack frames

[...]

   [testng] ===============================================
   [testng] jsf_hello_world
   [testng] Tests run: 2, Failures: 2, Skips: 0
   [testng] ===============================================

[...]

   [testng] java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/jsfinjection/jsfHello.jsf
   [testng] at test.web.jsfinjection.JSFInjectionTestNG.injectedValuesTestPage(JSFInjectionTestNG.java:142)
   [testng] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost:8080/jsfinjection/jsfHello.jsf

[...]

   [testng] ===============================================
   [testng] jsf_injection
   [testng] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Skips: 0

[...]

And so on. The attached zip file has the run.log and the server.log for
the QL runs before and after applying the updates. These failures look
like something is wrong in the QL harness but this is beyond my skill to
diagnose. Can someone recommend a person with whom I can work to get to
the bottom of this?

Thanks,

Ed

[1] http://javaweb.sfbay/java/re/glassfish/v3/promoted/fcs/b72/archive/bundles/java_ee_sdk-6-b28-unix.sh