dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fatal Error] jbi-registry.xml:1:1: Premature end of file

From: Andy Knight <Andy.Knight_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:22:59 +0000

Oops - It seems that the jbi-registry.xml file had become truncated (zero length). The one that I validated was obviously the wrong one.

However, the original questions remain:-

1) Why does GlassFish continually report upon an error that it can not resolve and should therefore shut down?
2) What could have caused the jbi-registry.xml file to be truncated?

I have discovered that removing the zero length file allows it to be regenerated and the server starts.

         Andy Knight
Principal Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Java House, Guillemont Park, Minley Road,
Camberley, Surrey GU17 9QG United Kingdom
Home office: +44 1494 462438
Mobile: +44 7775 583415
Skype: aprknight
Email: Andy.Knight_at_Sun.COM