dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: slf4j as Glassfish OSGi module

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 04:37:27 -0700

JY> Hi Ed,
JY> I'm fine with this approach in creating one bundle containing all the
JY> slf4j artifacts.

JY> So, this is what's going to happen:

JY> 1. Mirror slf4j sources version 1.5.9.RC1 in our SCM [1]
JY> 2. Use the same steps from JBoss' in building the artifacts producing
JY> the same maven coordinates in the local Maven repository
JY> 3. Create a pom.xml in [1]/slf4j/1.5.9.RC1/slf4j-all that references
JY> the artifacts from step 2 to create one slf4j-all bundle. Name this
JY> artifact slf4j-all with the version 1.5.9.RC1 and the groupId:
JY> org.glassfish.external
JY> 4. We will publish the one slf4j bundle to our maven repository
JY> 5. Provide a README describing the build. This should include steps
JY> like checking out a particular version from external repo, setting env
JY> and then issuing some commands.

Yes, this is exactly what I plan to do.

JY> Jerome/Sahoo, let us know if you're okay with this approach.

JY> Ed, so BV will have a dependency on slf4j artifact and downloaded to
JY> v3 workspace from hk2? Does Snjezana need to add this artifact in the
JY> packager module or will this be added via transitive dependency?

For the BV OSGi module, I will modify both the pom.xml that produces
bean-validator-3.0-JBoss-4.0.1_03.jar and the MANIFEST.MF within that
jar to declare an external dependency on slf4j-all.jar. I assert that
no other steps will be necessary to declare an slf4j dependency, aside
from the steps that Roger's integration of weld will have to do.

Ed