dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to modify the default logging config?

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 04:43:21 -0700

CM> Logger configuration info is in logging.properties file in the config
CM> dir. Handler info is in there too. How is configuration done for
CM> slf4j? What do you want to configure?

The JSR-303 impl we take from JBoss causes the string "Hibernate
Validator" to appear in our log. I've been asked to avoid having this
string show up in our log. However, this is the product name of their JSR-303
impl and cannot be changed.

I've been told the next best thing is to configure the logging so that
only warn and above are shown. Here's what I have on how to do it.

HF> If you don't want the info message to appear in your environment I
HF> recommend configuring your log configuration and set the log level
HF> for org.hibernate.validator.util.Version. Something like this:

HF> log4j.logger.org.hibernate.validator.util.Version=warn

Now, Carla, I assumed that actually getting this working would take some
trial and error, since that's my experience with configuring logging
systems, but if you tell me it's actually an easy thing to do, I'll be
happy to do it.

Thanks,

Ed