dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: slf4j as Glassfish OSGi module

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:41:09 -0700

Hi Ed,

I'm fine with this approach in creating one bundle containing all the
slf4j artifacts.

So, this is what's going to happen:

1. Mirror slf4j sources version 1.5.9.RC1 in our SCM [1]
2. Use the same steps from JBoss' in building the artifacts producing
the same maven coordinates in the local Maven repository
3. Create a pom.xml in [1]/slf4j/1.5.9.RC1/slf4j-all that references
the artifacts from step 2 to create one slf4j-all bundle. Name this
artifact slf4j-all with the version 1.5.9.RC1 and the groupId:
org.glassfish.external
4. We will publish the one slf4j bundle to our maven repository
5. Provide a README describing the build. This should include steps
like checking out a particular version from external repo, setting env
and then issuing some commands.

Jerome/Sahoo, let us know if you're okay with this approach.

Ed, so BV will have a dependency on slf4j artifact and downloaded to
v3 workspace from hk2? Does Snjezana need to add this artifact in the
packager module or will this be added via transitive dependency?

Thanks,
Jane