dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please review orb-connector/pom.xml (and osgi.bundle) changes

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:23:39 -0700
Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic wrote:
Jerome,

AFAIK, glassfish-corba-omgapi is truly necessary (and has always been in the web distribution).
omgapi is needed in the transaction code even when CORBA is not used.
As per my proposal below I think we can move glassfish-corba-orbgeneric module jar to glassfish-corba-omgapi package,  revert package reshuffling changes and these two will be only two remaining corba jars in the web distribution.
I'm OK with combining things if you're OK with renaming them.  omgapi is a terrible name if that bundle
also contains orbgeneric.  How about glassfish-corba-base?

Thanks,

Snjezana

Jerome Dochez wrote:
ok so after this shuffling happened, we now have too many corba related modules in web distribution :

I can see these two new ones :
-rw-r--r--  1 dochez  staff   345264 Oct 21 13:22 glassfish-corba-asm.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 dochez  staff   332683 Oct 21 13:22 glassfish-corba-codegen.jar

why do we need this in the web distribution,
For EJB code generation (even when CORBA is not used) to support EJB 3.  We could move to the
ASM that is already present in the distro (note that we have 3 copies of ASM right now).
But shouldn't asm-all-repackaged have a non-snapshot version?  Right now it's 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
Also note that codegen depends on orbgeneric as well as asm.

Perhaps you want to do something like the following:
Then you would only have two glassfish-corba bundles: one needed for the web distribution,
and two needed for the glassfish distribution.

Ken.