dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Bundle Password

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:28:22 -0500

On Oct 6, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Jerome Dochez wrote:
> the hk2-import-bundles does not support supplying the mandatory
> password. That's for instance why I asked this morning Ken Paulsen
> to figure out why you still needed the HK2-Import-Bundles all
> together.

OK. That's a question Ken will have to answer. I'm just now learning
how this part of the build works. :)

> Now apart from that specific issue, the reason why we added the
> mandatory password in GF is so that applications (like the admin-
> gui) does not see it.
> So am I correct in understanding that you want to hide that jar to
> all GF applications *but* the admin-gui ?

Yes, that's correct. As I understand things, currently, "third-party"
applications can see this jar, which prevents users from upgrading the
library in their applications, as this one overrides what's deployed
with their application.

         Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console