dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: source integration question (javahelp)

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 03:56:49 -0700

Hi Bobby and Ken,

The source build calls the top level bootstrap ant build.xml that
invokes separate modules' build.xml files. See instructions here:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=SourceBuildProposal
You don't need to use maven. You can use any tools you like and use
ant's "exec" task to invoke them. But you'll need to let me/Terena know
what tools are needed to build your module so we can set it up in the
build system. You can either note that in
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=ExternalDependencies or add
that in the module xml file.

Is javahelp in an Sun controlled SCM repository. If it is then there's
no need to port the source over to glassfish's svn external repository.

HTH,
Jane