dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin vs java -jar

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:08:07 -0400

> hostname% ./bin/asadmin start-domain pipedomain
>
> Waiting for DAS to start.
> Error starting domain: domain1.
> The server exited prematurely with exit code 1.
> Before it died, it produced the following output:

> agent library failed to init: instrument
> Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : /Users/bobby/
> servers/testserver/glassfishv3/glassfish/lib/monitor/btrace-agent.jar
>
> Command start-domain failed.
> hostname%
> hostname% ./bin/asadmin start-domain pipedomain
>
> JVM failed to start: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
> Command start-domain failed.

Another data point. I rebooted, fired up (with asadmin) my most recent
build of the server, had no errors, shut it down properly, and then
did the above with a newly-untarred version of my server with the pipe
issue. When I did that, there was no btrace-agent.jar error -- it went
straight to the broken pipe problem. This is a separate server in a
separate directory. So my new theory: gremlins.

Cheers,
Bobby