dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Jerome: URGENT: need to decide how to resolve this

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 20:44:48 +0530

Ed Burns wrote:

> SS> Ed Burns wrote:
>
>>> Turns out I'm using the web distro, because that's the one for JSF, and
>>> that's how most people will be using BV. A recent change by Sahoo makes
>>> it possible to affect changes to the felix config via manifest entries
>>> in jars in the modules directory. I suggest we do the following, but
>>> Sahoo disagrees.
>>>

> SS> Ed,
>
> SS> When did I disagree? I wanted you to check with packaging team to ensure
> SS> that what we you are proposing could be implemented before you published
> SS> the new jar to maven. That's not a disagreement, is that?
>
> I feel you and I disagreed about the practice of me publishing the jar
> to the maven repo and then Jane updating the poms to pull that jar.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong. I certainly didn't mean to offend!
>
> Ed

Yes, I certainly disagreed you publishing the jar before proving our
theory that we could make the necessary changes in packager module such
that the jar existed only in web distribution. No, I didn't feel
offended; I just wanted to make sure I was correctly represented. We can
stop this discussion here.

Thanks,
Sahoo