dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: build failure related to JDCI

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 02:36:36 -0700

> Why doesn't -Prelease-phase cause an error?

Maven doesn't report an error if the profile doesn't exists. Mostly
likely it'll use the default profile.
So you're probably building the v3 workspace twice: first with "mvn
-Prelease-phase install" and then again with "mvn -U install".

> You know that *you're* the one who told me to do this, right?
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=dev&msgNo=10327
>
> Was there an announcement of a change to this that I missed?

My bad... That must have been a typo. The build instruction here:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FullBuildInstructions is
correct. I wonder why no one complained about this... Maybe someone out
there is still using -Prelease-phase?

> Why doesn't maven.glassfish.org have all of the artifacts?

I see what's going on... maven.glassfish.org does have all the GlassFish
dependent repositories but not all are added to the Nexus' glassfish
group: http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups.

I just fixed it and now it should be able to find the following:

javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1
(http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/javax/jms/jms/1.1/)
javassist:javassist:jar:3.8.1.GA
(http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/javassist/javassist/3.6.0.GA/)

> Is there a different version of Nexus running somewhere that I should be
> using instead?

There is only one version of Nexus for GlassFish repositories.

> I've complained about this before but there really needs to be:
>
> 1. A better way to get the message out when the build process changes.
> 2. A way to check that the build environment is set up properly.
>
> Thanks for your help, Jane.

Yes, I hear you. The build instructions haven't changed for a while.
I'll try to remember to send an email to dev alias if the instruction
changes.

Thanks,
Jane