dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Does JDBC connection pool work?

From: Shalini Muthukrishnan <Shalini.Muthukrishnan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:44:30 +0530

Hi Vivek,

The create-jdbc-connection-pool command mentioned below contains wrong
escape sequences for URL property. If you see your domain.xml, only the
string "jdbc" would be persisted. The right way to use it is :

./asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource --restype
javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource --property
User=root:Password=mysql:URL=jdbc*\\*:mysql*\\*://localhost/mysql
jdbc/bookstore_pool

Also while doing an asadmin set on a property,

asadmin set
resources.jdbc-connection-pool.jdbc/bookstore_pool.property.URL=jdbc*\*:mysql*\*://localhost*\*:3306/mysql

is the right syntax. Please see the CLI documentation for more details.

HTH,
Shalini.