dev@glassfish.java.net

Does JDBC connection pool work?

From: Vivek Pandey <Vivek.Pandey_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:19:26 -0700
On b46 of trunk:

This is what I am trying:

* I have a mysql database 'bookstore_development'

* Create JDBC connection pool

./bin/asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource --restype javax.sql.DataSource --property User=vivek:Password=pass:URL=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost/bookstore_development jdbc/bookstore_pool

Command create-jdbc-connection-pool executed successfully.

* Create jdbc resources

./bin/asadmin create-jdbc-resource --connectionpoolid jdbc/bookstore_pool jdbc/bookstore

Command create-jdbc-resource executed successfully.

* list connection pools

./bin/asadmin list-jdbc-connection-pools
jdbc/bookstore_pool
__TimerPool
DerbyPool

* Now I test it

./bin/asadmin ping-connection-pool jdbc/bookstore_pool
remote failure: Ping JDBC Connection Pool for jdbc/bookstore_pool is Failed.

Command ping-connection-pool failed.

The server log shows:

Apr 27, 2009 10:17:35 PM com.sun.enterprise.connectors.service.ConnectorConnectionPoolAdminServiceImpl testConnectionPool
WARNING: Connection object cannot be null

What am I doing wrong or there is some issue with connection pool?