dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: build failure related to JDCI

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:46:20 -0700

Jane Young wrote:

>> mvn -Prelease-phase install
>> mvn clean
>> mvn -U install
> The profile, "release-phase" does not exist. Did you mean "mvn
> -Prelease-phase1 install"?

Long long ago I was told to use that as a workaround to some JDK bug.
If the workaround changed, I missed it. I just put it in my build
script and forgot about it.

Do I still need the workaround for the JDK 6 bug?

Note that I'm not getting any obvious failure or complaint related to using
"release-phase" instead of "release-phase1". Here's what I see:

+ /opt/maven/bin/mvn -Prelease-phase install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish/org/glassfish/pom/3/pom-3.pom
4/9K^M8/9K^M9/9K^M9K downloaded
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO] GlassFish Parent Project
[INFO] Super POM for Java EE API modules

Let me know if you want my entire build output file.

> I tried the same steps above but using "mvn -Prelease-phase1 install"
> and could not reproduce it.
>
> Can you check in your local maven repository to see if javax/jms/jms/1.1
> exists?

In .m2/repository/javax/jms/jms/1.1 I have jms-1.1.pom and jms-1.1.pom.sha1.