dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: build failure related to JDCI

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:55:51 -0700

That must have a been a long time ago. Please use -Prelease-phase1.
See: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FullBuildInstructions.

I may know why you are getting the missing artifact build errors. In
your settings.xml, you have the following entries:
 <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>hk2gf</id>
        <name>Nexus Public Mirror</name>
        <url>http://maven.glassfish.org/content/groups/glassfish</url>
<!--
        <url>http://legolas.sfbay:8081/nexus/content/groups/glassfish</url>
-->
        <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>

The url does not contain the jar artifact for javax.jms:jms. In only
contains pom and sha files. Similarly, it contains
javassist:javassist:jar:3.4.GA, not 3.8.1.GA. I don't know how you got
this URL. Looks like this repo is created by Kohsuke or Harsha to test
Nexus. Can you remove the <mirrors>...<mirrors> from settings.xml and
try again?

By setting
<mirrors>
<mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
<mirrors>

in settings.xml, you are forcing maven to use a single repository.
The repository must contain all of the desired artifacts which in this
case is not true thus your build failed. See:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

HTH,
Jane