dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Action] Please review connectors module pom.xml & osgi.bundle

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 17:17:57 +0530

Jagadish Prasath Ramu wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 23:39 +0530, Sahoo wrote:
>
>> Yes and No. Yes, if it can't run without ejb-api in the system, no if
>> the dependency is an optional (optional refers to OSGi import-package
>> optional attribute) one.
>>
> With the currently planned distributions (web profile and Java EE
> profile), I would assume that it is needed for both and hence won't be
> optional.

That was not my point. Is the connector module coded such that it can
live without ejb module?
>> Why does it depend on ejb-api? Can this be broken?
>>
> There are cases where we need to check the component invocation type and
> do actions. If container-common will be able to provide those
> abstractions, then it may be possible.

Have you put forward your requirement to anyone? container-common does
not have a single owner. You can make necessary changes and send them
for review, or send your requirements to someone like Jerome or Ken or
me and we will look into it. I think it is worth putting that effort if
we can break the dependency on ejb modules.

Thanks,
Sahoo