dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Action] Please review connectors module pom.xml & osgi.bundle

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 17:24:57 +0530

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 17:17 +0530, Sahoo wrote:
> Jagadish Prasath Ramu wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 23:39 +0530, Sahoo wrote:
> >
> >> Yes and No. Yes, if it can't run without ejb-api in the system, no if
> >> the dependency is an optional (optional refers to OSGi import-package
> >> optional attribute) one.
> >>
> > With the currently planned distributions (web profile and Java EE
> > profile), I would assume that it is needed for both and hence won't be
> > optional.
> >
> That was not my point. Is the connector module coded such that it can
> live without ejb module?
Yes and No.
w.r.t this issue, yes it may be possible if container-common have those
abstractions, which may necessitate changes in web & ejb modules.
I remember you stating that modules need to be merged. If thats the
case, then, no, as connectors inbound support, will depend on private
api of ejb module.

> >> Why does it depend on ejb-api? Can this be broken?
> >>
> > There are cases where we need to check the component invocation type and
> > do actions. If container-common will be able to provide those
> > abstractions, then it may be possible.
> >
> Have you put forward your requirement to anyone?
Yes, this dependency was discussed in v3 eng. meeting (mar-31).
> container-common does
> not have a single owner. You can make necessary changes and send them
> for review, or send your requirements to someone like Jerome or Ken or
> me and we will look into it. I think it is worth putting that effort if
> we can break the dependency on ejb modules.
I will try this after MS-2.

Thanks,
-Jagadish