dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: pom updates and test fix

From: Justin Lee <Justin.Lee_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:50:15 -0400

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
> I am confused.
>
> Are you moving thread-pools element under <config> to under
> <network-listeners>?

Yes. That's the plan. See below for why...
> I thought we were holding off on the unification of the thread-pools. The
> thread-pool named thread-pool-1 is used by ORB (or so I think) to
> configure
> the ORB thread pools. Is the ORB initialization code now going to look
> under network-listeners?
>
> This also means that create/delete/list thread-pools commands need to
> change.

Yes, and this is already done. Having thread pool definitions in two
places made these commands all but impossible to implement in some
reasonable fashion. The ORB code has already been updated to pull from
the new location.
> Also, when you change the default domain domain.xml, make sure the
> lib/templates
> domain.xml is also modified.
Both files have been updated accordingly. There is upgrade code that
will fix this at runtime anyway, but this change aligns the templates to
more correctly reflect the new setup.