dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: pom updates and test fix

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:18:30 -0700

Justin Lee wrote:
> Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
>> I am confused.
>>
>> Are you moving thread-pools element under <config> to under
>> <network-listeners>?
>>
> Yes. That's the plan. See below for why...
>> I thought we were holding off on the unification of the thread-pools. The
>> thread-pool named thread-pool-1 is used by ORB (or so I think) to
>> configure
>> the ORB thread pools. Is the ORB initialization code now going to look
>> under network-listeners?
>>
>> This also means that create/delete/list thread-pools commands need to
>> change.
>>
> Yes, and this is already done. Having thread pool definitions in two
> places made these commands all but impossible to implement in some
> reasonable fashion. The ORB code has already been updated to pull from
> the new location.
>> Also, when you change the default domain domain.xml, make sure the
>> lib/templates
>> domain.xml is also modified.
> Both files have been updated accordingly. There is upgrade code that
> will fix this at runtime anyway, but this change aligns the templates to
> more correctly reflect the new setup.

OK. Thanks.
So the plan is iiop-listeners stay wherever they are, but will reference
thread-pools from under network-listeners?

Does it make more sense then to make ORB initialize from
convenient network-listeners and deprecate the iiop-listener(s) element(s)?

I guess we will need a blanket compatibility waiver for affected dotted names.

-Kedar