dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Engine sniffer lists for various deployed apps

From: Peter Williams <Pete.Williams_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:13:01 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:

> Nitya Doraisamy wrote:
>> I deployed a ear application containing one web module to the v3
>> server. The list-applications command shows this deployed app as
>> 'testApp1 <web>'.
>> For a webapp containing enb, the sniffer list returned was <ejb,
>> web>. Shouldn't this be <web,ejb> ?
>>
> I don't think you can rely on the order of the engine list.
Well, apparently not any longer. But for V3 Prelude, it was agreed that
we could in fact depend on this order. This dates back to early 2008
after list-applications changed it's format and broke NetBeans
integration for the Nth time.

I can certainly understand that the server team might want or need to
loosen this requirement and certainly there are other ways to solve it
(and it looks like Nitya and Hong have in fact agreed on a better way to
communicate this information).

-Peter