dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: javadocs?

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 01:00:49 -0700

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Jane Young wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to post javadocs to
>> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/javaee6 since early this
>> morning. It's taking forever (> 7hrs) since it's uploading around
>> 20,000 files. I don't know what else to do other than wait. Just
>> want to inform everyone that I haven't forgotten about this.
>
> So what exactly did you do to create those javadocs?
>
> Did you just aggregate the javadocs for *all* modules?
 I added the following snippet in v3/pom.xml:
+ <reporting>
+ <plugins>
+ <plugin>
+ <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
+ <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
+ <version>RELEASE</version>
+ <configuration>
+ <aggregate>true</aggregate>
+ <minmemory>512m</minmemory>
+ <maxmemory>1024m</maxmemory>
+ </configuration>
+ </plugin>
+ </plugins>
+ </reporting>

In v3, execute "mvn site". This create an aggregated javadoc report in
v3/target/site/apidocs.
The original number of 20k files is wrong. The actual number of
javadocs created is: 11498.
In the apidocs directory, I did a "find . -type f | wc -l". But still,
it's taking a long time for CVS to do an "add" and "commit". It's been
over 12hours since I did a "cvs add" of the files in apidocs and now, I
doing a "cvs commit" to glassfish.dev.java.net... don't know how long
that will take.

Let me know if the way I'm doing this is incorrect.

Thanks,
Jane