dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: dotted names are broken?

From: Amy Roh <Amelia.Roh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:20:55 -0800

Hi Jerome,

Jerome Dochez wrote:
> I am not seeing this error when testing dotted names separately.
>
> dhcp-usca14-133-141:ws dochez$ ~/glassfish/bin/asadmin list
> server.http-service.property.*
> server.http-service.property.accessLoggingEnabled
>

> looking at the log, I can see there a some validation exception, trying
> the set the port, some compilation errors so I think there's a bit of
> confusion going on right now.

They are two different issues.

The first issue is "remote failure: Could not change the attributes :
EXCEPTION getting class for
com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpListener" when asadmin set
http-service.property.

If I test them separately (not in devtests) for traceEnabled,
authPassthroughEnabled, and sso-enabled, I get the following Exception
response and nothing in server.log.

==============

bash-3.2$ glassfish/bin/asadmin set
server.http-service.property.traceEnabled=false
remote failure: Could not change the attributes : EXCEPTION getting
class for com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpListener

Command set failed.

bash-3.2$ glassfish/bin/asadmin set
server.http-service.property.authPassthroughEnabled=true
remote failure: Could not change the attributes : EXCEPTION getting
class for com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpListener

Command set failed.

bash-3.2$ glassfish/bin/asadmin set
server.http-service.property.sso-enabled=false
remote failure: Could not change the attributes : EXCEPTION getting
class for com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.HttpListener

Command set failed.

==============

The second issue as you pointed out is that http-listener.redirect-port
seems to throw ValidationException when redirect-port is set with "".
Shouldn't it allow an empty string in order to reset the value?

asadmin-common-ignore-fail:
      [echo] asadmin set --user anonymous --passwordfile
/files/hudson/workspace/webtier-dev-tests-v3/appserv-tests/config/adminpassword.txt
--host localhost --port 47748 --echo=true --terse=true
server.http-service.http-listener.http-listener-1.redirect-port=
      [exec] set --echo=true --terse=true --port=47748 --host=localhost
--passwordfile=/files/hudson/workspace/webtier-dev-tests-v3/appserv-tests/config/adminpassword.txt
--user=anonymous
server.http-service.http-listener.http-listener-1.redirect-port=
      [exec] remote failure: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.jvnet.hk2.config.ValidationException: does not represent an Integer

HttpListener

     /**
      * Gets the value of the redirectPort property.
      *
      * @return possible object is
      * {_at_link String }
      */
     @Attribute(dataType=Port.class)
     public String getRedirectPort();

     /**
      * Sets the value of the redirectPort property.
      *
      * @param value allowed object is
      * {_at_link String }
      */
     public void setRedirectPort(String value) throws PropertyVetoException;

Thanks,
Amy