dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: context root of embedded war file

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:37:35 -0500

Hi, Vince

> I have to implement the method
> javax.enterprise.deploy.spi.status.ProgressObject.getResultTargetModuleIDs().
>

> It seems that most all the data necessary for this available via
> asadmin get.
>
> I cannot find one thing... the context root of a web app that is
> embedded in an ear file. It seems like it isn't in the data that
> comes back from a get.
> Is it supposed to be available via get?

We don't currently expose context root information of embedded wars in
the domain.xml (so you could not get it through the "get" command). This
is a behavior we inherited from v2. In v2, we don't expose sub module
information for the ear in domain.xml. As this is now changed in v3, we
should probably revisit this decision. Let's discuss what's the
advantage and disadvantage of exposing it.
If we decide this is the way we should go, a couple of things need to
happen:
1) context-root should become an attribute of "engine" element instead
of "application".
2) web container when loading embedded web module need to look at the
context root from domain.xml (which should have higher precedence than
the context root defined in the application).

Thanks,

- Hong